Preparatory Audition Clinics
Sunday, Feb. 17
Sunday, April 14
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Please plan to join us for one or both of the clinics.
Early preparation for the 2013 Spirit Squad Audition for the Cheer Squad, Yell Crew and Dance Team!
Take advantage of the opportunity for one-on-one instruction and tips from the UCLA Spirit Squad Coaching Staff.
Learn audition material EARLY!
Cost: $30 for one session or $50 for both
Audition Information Meetings
Tuesday, April 16, noon-1 p.m.
Wednesday, April 17, noon-1 p.m.
Monday, April 22, noon-1 p.m.
Thursday, April 25, noon-1 p.m.
James West Alumni Center
Cheer Audition Clinics
Sunday, April 28, 4-7 p.m. (mandatory)
Wednesday, May 1, 7-10 p.m. (mandatory)
Saturday, May 4, 1-3 p.m.
Yates Gym, Wooden Center
Dance Audition Clinic
Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m.-noon
Yell Crew Audition Clinic
Saturday, May 4, 1-4 p.m.
A $25 application fee is due before or at the clinic. Only credit or debit cards are accepted.
Sunday, May 5
Yell Crew: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Cheer Squad - Final Round - invitation only: 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Dance Team: 5-10 p.m.
- Proof of admission into UCLA (Visit Admissions Process and Deadline.)
- Current UCLA student, have an cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Current UCLA student, not on disciplinary probation.
- Sufficient physical fitness, strength, and athletic skills to perform the activities described below.
- Have health/hospitalization insurance in an amount comparable to the minimum coverage offered through the University’s student insurance program.
It is recommended that you make every effort to attend auditions. Video auditions will be accepted on a case by case basis. Please read eligibility and guidelines.
- Can you mail me information regarding your program or auditions?
All the information regarding our program and the audition process is online. Please bookmark this website and visit often for up-to-date info.
- Do you offer scholarships or out-of-state tuition waivers?
At this time, we have limited scholarship opportunities for the UCLA Spirit Squad. Unfortunately, we do not provide out-of-state tuition waivers. However, UCLA has multiple scholarships, grants and loan opportunities through the Financial Aid office.
- Does the program compete at nationals?
Historically, the Cheer Squad, Dance Team and Mascots have successfully competed at USA College Nationals. Competing at Nationals will be contingent upon university approval, funding and scheduling.
- Do I need an invitation to attend auditions?
You do not need an invitation to attend auditions.
- Do I need to be currently on my high school/junior college spirit squad to tryout?
Everyone is welcome to audition for the UCLA Spirit Squad. While experience is strongly encouraged, it is not mandatory.
- Can I tryout for multiple squads?
If more than one squad interests you, you are welcome to audition for multiple teams. You will be encouraged to attend all of the clinics leading up to auditions. Following your final audition, you will be asked to list your squad preference — should you make more than one team.
- Is there a height and weight requirement?
No. We do not maintain a height and weight requirement. We do require that all potential members maintain the appropriate physique in order to participate in the required movements.
- Do I need to have a physical completed by a physician?
No, you do not need to have a physical completed for the audition process. Should you be chosen for the squad, you will be required to have a physical completed by mid-August.
- Do I need to tryout again if I’m a returning member?
Potential returning members must audition each year and are not guaranteed a spot on the team.
- Are auditions open to the public?
Yes, auditions are open to the general public.
- How many people tryout each year?
The number of individuals that tryout vary from year to year. On average we have:
For Cheer Squad: Male 5-20, female 20-50; For Dance Team: 75-100; For Mascots: 5-15; For Yell Crew: 15-40.
More questions? Ask Mollie.